DC Cookie

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Scarletta in a Blanket

After a lazy Sunday with the blinds shut, my sweetheart and I emerged in the early evening to discover my car subdued by a thick layer of frozen powder [thick, of course, being a relative term for Virginia]. I took a deep breath and admired the paralyzed landscape. The soft snowflakes pacify my every worry.

I suspect I must have been born during a halcyon Québécois snowfall. At the pinnacle of every temperate white blanketing of winter I morph into a breezy state of absolute inner serenity.

Jess, snow, car

It's the snow-capped exuberance I feel with each flake melting on my eyelashes that reminds me [thankfully] I will always have a gracious, pure Canadian heart.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters